1. Server IP: potatomc.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Potato News #1

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Amazing, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Amazing

Amazing Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Hey everyone!

Welcome to the first of many Potato News :eek:

Whenever we make major changes or additions to PotatoMC, expect to see an update thread like this one posted to the announcement section of the forums. We will also be adding an in-game version of the potato news in the near future. Let's jump into it :)

Jobs

As most of you have probably seen already in-game, we have added Jobs to PotatoMC!
    You can choose from the following jobs by using the /jobs browse command:
    • Woodcutter
    • Miner
    • Digger
    • Farmer
    • Fisherman
    For each of these jobs, you instantly receive money for completing tasks like chopping wood, mining ores, excavating land, farming & fishing.

Whenever you complete any of those tasks, you will also receive Job experience which will level you up. The higher your Job level, the more money you receive!

For more commands & assistance based on Jobs, use the /jobs help command.

Nether Boss

The Nether Boss is a wither skeleton that spawns in the nether world every 4 hours.
    This boss has a ton of health, and hurts pretty bad when it hits you. Killing this boss will be a group effort, and everyone that participates and contributes to its death will receive a Boss Key. You can redeem this boss key at /warp crates.

No matter how much damage you do to the Nether Boss, even if you just hit it once, you will receive a Boss Key once it's killed

You can use /boss for an explanation in-game at any time if you need help, and you can use /bosslocation to see the Bosses current location, or to see when it will be spawned next.

PvP is disabled while you're fighting a boss, and you will lose whatever is in your inventory if the boss kills you. So remember to only fight with items you're prepared to possibly lose!

Potato Party Changes

When the server first opened, there was a potato party every hour, but we noticed that the balance of potato parties was never very high because of how frequent they were. So we recently changed it to every 3 hours instead. We have already seen a drastic increase to the amount of money in the balance.

We've also made some changes to how fast the bank notes fall from the sky during the potato party, because it seemed very slow & difficult to get one before.

The last change we made to potato parties was the amount of money that is added when you purchase something from /shop. Before it was 20%, now it's 35%. So that means more money :eek:

Staff Applications

You can now apply for staff! The only requirements to apply for staff at this time is that you must have a rank, you can purchase a rank on the Store tab on the website or use /buy in-game.

The reason we have this requirement is because we trust our supporters, and we don't want to have a player with malicious intents to apply and possibly harm the server.

We will be going through staff applications at the end of this week.

A side note, here's a list of our new staff members added in the past few days:

Discord

After countless requests, we now have a public discord server for PotatoMC! Thanks to @FK for setting it up.

You can join the discord by clicking here, or typing /discord in-game.

The staff and I are looking forward to meeting all of you on there!

#1 Amazing, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Chrissehh

Chrissehh Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

wooh!! hype hype ;3

• Like Like x 1
  3. Poons

Poons Member

PotatoMC the gift that just keeps giving. ヾ(。・ω・)シ

• Like Like x 1
  4. Missie

Missie New Member

congrats to all the new staff members oωo

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nepeta

Nepeta New Member

This is wonderful to know! I am happy we got new staff members.

6. Jcrafty0880

Jcrafty0880 Guest

I’m sorry I will never lie again I want you to know I was really doing good on that server till the duping guys came then when he gave me all the keys I got really selfish keeping them and not telling you so

Please unban me , my cousin will be really mad at me because that was the one server that she likes

And that I like so please unban me , BY JCrafty0880 FYI I DON’T CHEAT<HACK OR ANYTHING

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tyu

Tyu Guest

I hope i get to play with crainer please

8. Civil6

Civil6 New Member

I have played with JCrafty0880 and he was a nice person so please just us ban him to make him happy and he might purchase a rank or something so you Amazing will get money from that